Injustice 2 Roster Expanded By New Trailer With 3 Editions Announced
Warner Bros. and NetherRealm Studios released a new story trailer for their upcoming game, Injustice 2, and it is packed with new information.
Let’s start with the end of the trailer. Right after the game’s logo we get to know that the DC supervillain Darkseid is joining the roster, though he will be offered as a pre-order incentive. Basically you get to fight as Darkseid only if you get the game before launch.
NetherRealm did a similar thing with their previous game, Mortal Kombat X, where Goro was a pre-order bonus. However, down the road they made him available to everyone as DLC, so it isn’t farfetched to assume the same will happen to Darkseid.
The CGI trailer also showed off another supervillain, Brainiac, which is set to be the main antagonist in the Injustice 2 story. He is also the voice-over that we can hear during the trailer.
Whether the game will pick up where Injustice: Gods Among Us left off or it will follow the tie-in comic is left to be seen, but I encourage you to play the first game for the story which I won’t spoil for you.
Once again, our favorite DC superheroes will fight against each other, as announced on dccomics.com:
“The line between hero and villain has become blurred as the most epic battle in the DC universe rages on in Injustice 2. While Batman has emerged the victor in his battle against the Regime, a new threat arises and poses the ultimate threat to Earth.”
Also from the trailer we learn that Warner Bros. decided to have 3 editions for Injustice 2: a Standard Edition, a Digital Deluxe Edition, and an Ultimate Edition, the main difference being the number of additional fighters that you’ll get, along with some cosmetic bonuses.
A copy of Injustice 2
Digital Deluxe Edition
- A copy of Injustice 2
- Access to 3 downloadable content fighters as they become available
- One Premier Skin – Transform your Supergirl into Power Girl with an all new look, voice, and dialogue
- One exclusive Gear Shader Pack – Customize the look of your roster with the Defender Shader Pack
- A copy of Injustice 2
- Access to 9 downloadable content fighters as they become available
- 3 Premier Skins – Transform Flash, Green Lanter, and Supergirl into alternate characters with new looks, voices, and dialogue
- 2 exclusive Gear Shader Packs – Customize the look of your roster with the Destroyer and Defender Shader Packs
Injustice 2 will release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 16, 2017, as we have reported earlier this year. Regardless of the platform or edition, it’s a day one buy for us, and we will cover the game on our YouTube channel.